Monday, December 5, 2011

cracker barrel, crystals and candy.

Saturday can definitely be classified as a "Best Day Ever" type of day. Since I recently purchased a Cannon t2i, I am desperately seeking fun and interesting things to do. And since my boyfriend humors me and all my ridiculous ideas, we ended up having the "Best Day Ever".


We started out at Cracker Barrel. If you haven't been to a Cracker Barrel in some time...GO! I forgot how totally delicious their food was. We spent the entire meal playing the Peg Puzzle game and then Googling how to solve the Puzzle. My dad would be disappointed because he can solve it without using Google.


Next, we headed to Ohio Caverns. It was about an hour drive from Columbus and the drive consisted of corn fields, corn fields and more corn fields. The tour was 45 minutes long and totally worth it! This cave is one of the most beautiful in Ohio and filled with the largest crystals I have ever seen.



Welcome to Ohio Caverns!


Stream in the middle of the cave


Yes, that is a bat!


Crystals hanging from the ceiling


Largest crystal in the cave


Kyle LOVES crystals...


and so do I!


 Such pretty colors


Our day ended with a trip to Marie's Candies. This heavenly little candy shop was filled with the most amazing handmade chocolate. We of course had to taste everything and ended up creating a box of assorted candies, half of which we gave to Kyle's mom and dad. They love candy as much as we do.

And the Saturday ended with me dancing around the bed while listening to Florence and the Machine while Kyle laughed. What more could I ask for?!

Hope you had an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment