Monday, February 6, 2012

custom cards.



It's hard to believe that February is in full swing and Valentine's Day is next week. Where does the time go?! 

In preparation for Valentine's day, I decided to make homemade cards. After all, nothing is more romantic than putting a little hard work into a present. After visiting one of the cutest boutiques in Columbus, On Paper, I was really excited to start my project. 


I bought an ivory sheet of paper with fringed edges, a matching envelope, 30 pretty brads, monogrammed seals (letter "H"), new pen and super glue.


After creasing the paper in half, I cut out a heart using another piece of paper. I wasn't confident that I could draw a perfect heart so I reverted back to 2nd grade and folded a piece of paper in half and cut a half of a heart.  Who knew those skills would still come in handy?!

Next, I laid out the brads along the heart and glued. I finished by erasing any pencil marks and writing "love you" along the edge. Voilà! Custom Valentine Card for anyone special in your life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment