Wednesday, February 22, 2012

loft life.

After this blog post, I received tons of questions and compliments on my loft. So I thought I would take the opportunity to give you a little tour.

I live in the Italian Village in Columbus. It’s full of charm and flooded with natural light — two things my past homes lacked and the number one reason why we chose this place. Because I work from home and spend countless hours in my apartment, investing in and planning the home decor was extremely important to me, even though I don’t own the property. I wanted to surround myself with beautiful things while keeping the space casual and bright. I would say that like me, my home is laid-back and welcoming. I always want guests to feel comfortable and at home when they walk through my door.



Since I work from home, I thought it would be appropriate to share where I spend the majority of my day....my office. Favorite parts are the vintage globe, handmade blanket and windows.


I bought this frame from Pottery Barn a year ago and instead of filling with pictures, I have decided to include my 2012 resolutions (which, by the way have already come in handy as I easily forget), an important message and a picture of the state of OH.


Nightstand: my mom found this dresser in a warehouse. She should have been an interior designer! I love the gold shine that reflects off the dresser from the windows. The mirror was my grandmothers that my mom gave me. Probably one of my most treasured possessions.


Nightstand: this was a yard sale find that I couldn't be more happy with. A nightstand wouldn't be complete unless it was filled with all the books I am trying to read and fresh flowers from Kyle. The picture was purchased from Etsy and another good conversation starter when friends visit.


One of my favorite parts about my bathroom is the handmade wooden jewelry box that Kyle's dad made me for Christmas. It is such a thoughtful present that I make sure to point out to anyone who visits.


Also a fun part of my bathroom is the hooks that hang my hand towels. I got these at Leon & Lulu in Clawson, MI and I just LOVE them. If you ever get the opportunity to go, you should. The store is filled with vintage and one-of-a kind treasures.



I am not the type to pick up furniture on the side of the road but I must admit that my TV stand was a garbage find (that's why I have to share). Once washed down, I sanded it with the intention of painting. However the rough look has started to grow on me so it may stay as is.


My Living room view. The blue lamp is another one of my mom's finds in a warehouse. I told you she was good!



My bedroom has the same natural light as the living room. This is a good thing because when it is sunny, I wake up happy and ready to start my day. However when not sunny, I want to stay in bed all day. 


That's all. I hope you enjoyed a little tour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment